Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday:
"Help your brother's boat across ..."

"Help your brother's boat across,
and your own will reach the shore."
Hindu proverb


This week for Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for my younger brother, JH.  Today is his birthday, and though he is far away in Minnesota, working with his band Heliosaga on their first studio album, I hope he knows that I love him and am celebrating his life from Texas.  

We were good friends growing up, and rarely fought.  I wish we were still as close as we were as kids, but our lives changed quickly when I got to high school.  We each had time-consuming things that took most of our focus.  By the time JH got to high school, I had just graduated and was going on to college.  Even though I lived at home for the first two years of college, I worked a lot, I spent time out with friends and trying to keep up with school, and then I met AC when I was 18.  JH graduated and moved to Austin for college, then I got married, then we had SC, and all of a sudden JH and I were strangers.  It is amazing how quickly things change and two people can grow apart as their lives take different paths.  

So, today, on JH's birthday, I want to focus on him and the difficult life he is choosing as a musician (and rather excelling at, in my opinion).  Happy birthday, brother, and I am praying that you find success in the choices you make, and peace and love in the music you make.

If you are interested in hearing some of Heliosaga's music, they recently released their first single, "Light of Ardor," to youtube.  


By the way, my brother plays the bass.

Check out more Thankful Thursday posts here:

Thankful Thursdays Button

Loved and Lovely

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...