Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday:
"I got the blues thinking of the future ..."

"I got the blues thinking of the future, 
so I left off and made some marmalade.  
It's amazing how it cheers one up 
to shred oranges and scrub the floor." 
~D.H. Lawrence

 

This week I am thankful that AC fully supports my whims (though this one had been discussed before) and I got to paint the kitchen green over the long holiday weekend, in between celebrating SC's 5th birthday.  I had been in a bummer mood and for some reason, nothing makes me feel as good as the physicality of painting walls.  So, I told AC "you know, what would make me feel better would be to paint the kitchen."  He said okay, and we got a bucket of paint, a new brush (I always need a new brush) and roller cover and spent a few hours applying two coats of paint to the kitchen.  Next I need to recover the valence (not in the picture anymore) and construct new curtains, but I will have to wait until SC's summer classes start up in June.

I am also thankful that God has given us a beautiful, smart, happy little girl to love and raise. I am glad that we were able to celebrate her on Sunday as she turned five years old, and thankful that she has good taste in music as we are going to a concert to see some local bands like The Orbans (one of her favorites - and mine) and Fate Lions, as well as The Avett Brothers, instead of having a party.  What an awesome little girl we have!

 
What are you thankful for this week?  Leave a comment, and then check out some other Thankful Thursday posts here:

Thankful Thursdays Button
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...