"If we encountered a man of rare intellect,
we should ask him what books he read."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, Letters and Social Aims (1876)
SC has really gotten off to a great start with her summer reading challenge, and for Top Ten Tuesday this week I am going to highlight some of the books she has read on her own to get through the first 15 points. I have included how many points I awarded for each book, in case you want to do something similar. Our reading challenge log is from Homeschool Creations.
1. Today I Will Fly by Mo Willems (1 point)
2. I Will Surprise My Friend by Mo Willems (1 point)
3. Penny and her Doll by Kevin Henkes (3 points)
4. Penny and her Song by Kevin Henkes (3 points)
5. That is Not a Good Idea by Mo Willems (1 point)
6. Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff (3 points)
7. My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (1 point)
8. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman (3 points)
9. Ten Apples Up on Top! by Theo. LeSieg (2 points)
10. Grandma, Grandpa and Me by Mercer Mayer (1 point)
What books have your kids read so far this summer? What would you recommend for a beginning reader? Leave a comment below, and then check out some other Top Ten Tuesday posts here:
**This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement.