Monday, July 1, 2013

Menu Monday:
"Till Freedom cheered and the joy-bells rung."

Province to province faithful clung,
Through good and ill the war-bolt hurled,
Till Freedom cheered and the joy-bells rung.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Boston"


Instead of giving the entire weeks menu, this week I am going to highlight some of the things I want to make for Independence Day (and maybe a few things that I won't make, but would still be tasty).

For our main entrees, AC will be getting up in the wee hours of the morning to smoke both brisket and pork ribs.  We are also going to to have grilled corn, "funny" potatoes, which consist of diced potatoes baked in copious amounts of butter, and various other fruits and vegetables to snack on.  Being that we are in Texas, I may make homemade guacamole and salsa, to be eaten with either plantain chips or corn tortilla chips.  I may also ask my brother-in-law to make a jicama slaw that he mentioned last week.

For dessert, I am contemplating the following recipes:

Summer Berry Trifle W/Vanilla Cake (see pic above)

Meyer Lemon & Raspberry Cream Tarts

Apple Blueberry Pie

What is on your July 4th menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...