Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday:
"Any glimpse into the life of an animal ..."

"Any glimpse into the life of an animal 
quickens our own and makes it 
so much the larger and better in every way."
-John Muir


A few weeks ago SC and I had the opportunity to tag along with AC on a trip to New York City, and one of the things we did was visit the Bronx Zoo.  As I was planning this zoo visit, I realized that in SC's five short years of life, we have visited quite a few zoos in the US already.  For this week's Top Ten Tuesday, I want to highlight the zoos we have been to, as well as a few we have yet to get to.

Zoos We Have ALREADY Visited:



*I think I would have loved The Bronx Zoo much more if we had not gone on "pay what you will" day.  There were so many people, including many large summer camp groups, that it was unmanageable for SC, and we didn't get to see even half the zoo before she insisted we leave and refused to look at any animals on our way out.


6. Point Defiance Zoo (Tacoma, WA)

Zoos We Have YET TO Visit:
7. Smithsonian's National Zoo (Washington, D.C.)


9. Woodland Park Zoo (Seattle, WA)

10. Audubon Zoo (New Orleans, LA)

PLUS, two foreign zoos I would love to visit:
Edinburgh Zoo

Toronto Zoo


What is your favorite zoo to visit?  Leave a comment below, then check out other Top Ten Tuesday posts here:

Many Little Blessings

6 comments:

  1. Of your list I have only been to two (St Louis and Houston). I have also been to the zoo in Kansas City and the one in Omaha.

    St Louis is probably my favorite. It is more compact so you get to see the animals up close, and you can do the entire place in an afternoon. Plus who wouldn't love a free zoo? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't been to the Dallas Zoo?! It was actually nicer than I remembered when I took Kara in March. (Although, the highlight for her was the pony ride, I'm sure.)

    Kara's been to a fair few in her short 3 years as well:
    Dallas, Fort Worth, San Diego, Lincoln Park in Chicago, Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, Austin (if you can call it a zoo?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we haven't made it over to the Dallas Zoo, mostly because we had heard such bad things about it growing up. We will have to check it out if you say it has somewhat improved. :-)

      Delete
    2. Definitely much improved since then!
      http://toodleypipbaby.blogspot.com/2013/02/2-pony-rides-in-as-many-weeks.html

      Let me know if you'd like to make a field trip out of it one day this fall. It's been way too long since we saw you guys!

      Delete
    3. That would be so much fun. We have been super busy with life, between all of A's travels, us tagging along, the year I worked as a HS English teacher, and then trying to recuperate from that adventure, and now homeschooling! We really haven't seen any friends in a very long time. What days and times are best for you, and then we can look at our calendar and plan. Also, I had no idea you had a blog and I am going to spend all evening playing catch up on what you guys have been up to!

      Delete
  3. Sweet! My blog is clearly just for the family to get updates -- way too many pictures, and very little useful content. I'm addicted to doing it, though. So lovely to look back.

    And yay! I'm excited to make a plan. Let me look at our calendar, and I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...