Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday: "how much more valuable you are than the birds!"

"Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; 
they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; 
how much more valuable you are than the birds!" 
- Luke 12:42




This week, I was talking to a friend of mine about finances, and how expensive living is.  Specifically, I was focusing on how we owe more than our mortgage payment toward paying off AC's student loans from college, and how when mine are no longer in deferment, we will owe even more than that.  I was mentioning that I wish I could go back and do things differently, not taking more than just what we needed for tuition, not assuming that eventually we will make more money and paying it all back would be no big deal.  

In that moment, it dawned on me, that even in our sin, as we took out loan after loan to live a comfortable life, God has provided for us, exactly what we needed.  As we now deal with the repercussions of mistakes made five to ten years ago, I am so thankful that God has given us the means to get back on track.  I am also thankful for His forgiveness for our shortsighted selfishness.  So, when I regretfully think it is hard to live virtually paycheck-to-paycheck because we have amassed so much debt, I am grateful to a God who knows exactly what we need, and lovingly gives it to us.  

Thankful Thursdays Button

1 comment:

  1. such a great thankful post... this totally spoke right to my heart today. my husband and i are working on getting out of debt and some days it can feel so defeating... and i often think, "what were we thinking!?!?" but thankfully God is always bigger. thanks so much for sharing and linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...