Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday: "Flesh of thy flesh, ..."

"Flesh of thy flesh, bone of thy bone,
I here, thou there, yet both but one."
-Anne Bradstreet

I love the idea that Julia Black of Black Tag Diaries has of taking a day out of each week to talk about what she is thankful for, and I have decided to link-up with her site and do the same thing.


Thankful Thursdays Button

This week I am hugely thankful for my husband, AC, and how hard he works to provide for our family.  This summer has been crazy and hectic because AC has been out of town for quite a bit of it.  




He has traveled to Boise, Idaho (twice!), San Francisco (over our 7 year anniversary), Detroit, Arkansas, New York City (twice), and Poughkeepsie, NY, all since the middle of May.  Even when he was at home, he was busy training people in Australia (on their hours - overnight for him) and helping his company host a huge conference locally.  He has literally been physically gone more than he was here for the summer.

However, as much as I miss him, and as hard it is to deal with SC's behavior when she struggles with separation from AC, I am thankful that he has a job that he loves to do, that he is good at and has a passion for, and because of this, he is able to provide for us in such a loving manner.  I know it is as hard on him to be gone as it is on SC and I, and I appreciate the sacrifice he makes when he travels.

**Check out the full poem "A Letter to Her Husband, Absent upon Public Employment" by Anne Bradstreet, one of the first American poets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...