Sunday, December 2, 2012

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
Helen Keller, The Open Door

Some of you might have noticed that I have not posted in a little over a week, including that I missed What 2 Read Wednesday for November, and that when I did get a post up in the past month, it was either a Top Ten Tuesday list or a Thankful Thursday blurb.  Well, this past month has been fairly hectic for us as a family, and though I love blogging and am thankful that I have this outlet to publish my thoughts, ideas, photos and the like, the blog had to take a backseat to the rest of life.


Over the past month we have had the opportunity to tag along on two trips with AC, one planned and one not-so planned, as well as been able to spend time just enjoying AC being in town with family and friends for Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, it took almost a week before leaving to get organized enough to get us all out the door on time and with all of our stuff, and took almost a week for us to recover for being gone and get everything back to normal; and then we did it all over again.  We also put in a small backsplash over Thanksgiving weekend, which I hope to post about on Tuesday with steps and pictures! 

We have NOT kept up with our homeschooling, even though I had planned for us to be able to work right up to leaving and then pick things up right away when we got back from said trips.  So, we have done maybe two days of WEEK 2, and we should be on WEEK 7ish.  AC is out of the country again, so we may be able to catch up a little, finishing WEEK 2 and WEEK 3 this week, but I am not stressing about it.  We have had a blast this last month, traveling to two new places, and with the way AC's job is, I hope there will be tag-along trips for us in the future, and the great thing about homeschooling is that it is adaptable.  I do need to figure out how to bring some of the things along with us (like math and handwriting, which really need to be done daily), but I am still figuring it out.

AC and I have made an important decision, however, about what we will do next fall when SC is officially eligible for kindergarten.  I had a long talk with her pre-k teacher about how she felt SC might do in pubic school, and we hashed out all the possible options.  She summed up her recommendations by saying "kids like [SC] just do not thrive in public school."  Well, thrive is exactly what I want for her.  After hearing that, and relaying everything she told me back to AC, we decided that for next year we will enroll her in the two-day-a-week kindergarten program that is offered by the mother's day out program that is doing her preschool, and to continue the homeschooling we have been doing (hah!) here at home.  This will also make it much easier if we get another opportunity to tag along with AC (like we are hoping to) as the amount of travel in the next year will be fairly similar to what it has been recently.  So, here we go, on our daring adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...