Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015/16: 2nd Year, Lower Elementary
"and now we welcome the new year, ..."


"and now we welcome the new year,
full of things that have never been."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

The lead-up to this school year was much different this year than it has been for the past few.  With SC accepted to attend the local Montessori school, I didn't have any planning to do do, nor curriculum to buy.  It was surprisingly stressful for me, as I had no idea what to expect going in, even though we had toured two Montessori schools.  We didn't even get to buy school supplies, as everything is included in the tuition and fees.  However, most importantly, SC was more excited than nervous, and that was a win.

Monday was the first day, and when SC came home, she said she was most looking forward to going back the next day (which is a dig at only getting to go for one day as a trial in the spring).  Hopefully she will be just as excited to continue over the next few months!

For my first day, I went to the spa, read an entire book, tried out a new tea shop, and planned out a few sewing projects.  I intend to attempt to keep blogging about what is going on, but there may be a much larger focus on sewing projects or cooking/baking than before, and much less specifics about schooling.  Maybe I will get back to posting regular book reviews, too.  As always, the ultimate goal of blogging for me is to share a little bit of our lives, and our continual pursuit of God's wisdom, all for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...